Is it possible for a house to stand without the pillars? The answer is no. That applies to a human body that cannot work without a spinal cord. Any slight discomfort or injury to the spine will make you uncomfortable and unable to perform your routine duties. The decision to choose the right Georgetown spinal stenosis hospital can be daunting. However, at Republic Spine and Pain, you will find the best specialists with extensive experience and knowledge in the spine and offer the best treatment. Below is more information you need to know about spinal therapy before you can book an appointment.
What is spinal stenosis?
Spinal stenosis is a common condition that people experience when the spinal canal compresses, exerting pressure on the nerves.
What are the causes of spine stenosis?
The possible causes for spinal stenosis include:
- Age-Wear and tear due to aging lead to narrowing of bones.
- Conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, which leads to inflammation of the bone joint, may affect the spine.
- Some people may have structural malformation during birth which may cause narrowing of the spinal canal.
- The gliding of the vertebra columns hence leads to narrowing of the spinal canal.
- Spinal cord tumors
- Injury or fracture to the spine may compress the root nerves
What are the symptoms of spinal stenosis?
Spinal stenosis exhibits the following symptoms:
- lower back Pain
- Sharp pain down the legs
- Numbness and weakness on the arms and legs
- You experience pain when you stand or sit for long
As the condition worsens, the symptoms also progress gradually.
How to diagnose spinal stenosis
The following methods apply in diagnosing spinal stenosis:
- Medical history: Your physician will gather a detailed account of your symptoms and any treatment received.
- Complete physical examination to check the symptoms available by checking the flexibility of your back, range of motion and the presence of root nerve problems through testing your muscle strength and reflexes.
- Spine X-rays, CT scans and MRI can be performed to check additional problems such as tumors or infection. These tests help in the diagnosis and treatment plan.
Spine treatment procedures
Artificial disc replacement
Artificial disc replacement involves replacing the Lumbar disc in the spine that causes sharp pain due to disc fusion with an artificial disc.
Minimally invasive Spine surgery
Minimally invasive surgery entails making small incisions onto the body; the surgeon inserts a thin tube with a lens through one of the openings to guide the surgery. Unlike the traditional surgery method, the surgery characterizes minimal cuts, with less pain and faster recovery.
Spinal fusion surgery
Spine fusion surgery involves joining two vertebrae together so that they can grow.
What are the benefits of spine surgery?
Spine surgery helps you in the following ways;
- Ease of pain
- Stability of the spine
- Physical fitness is improved
- Ability to move better
- Becoming more productive
Spinal problems are a significant threat to people’s day-to-day lives since it affects how you perform your duties. It is essential to make a wise decision to commence your treatment which you can only get at Republic Spine and Pain. Call their office today or schedule your consultation through the online platform and transform your life for good.