There are many skin problems. Such as sensitive skin ผิวแพ้ง่าย or dry skin, but the problem that invites headaches is inevitable about acne, which acne (Acne) is caused by clogging of the pores and sebaceous glands. It is usually found in areas with large and dense sebaceous glands, including the face, scalp, upper chest and back. It begins in adolescence. Due to the influence of testosterone over female hormones But in some cases, acne may develop until the age of 40, depending on the factors that provoke acne, including genetic factors.
the appearance of acne
- Non-inflammatory acne, including clogged acne, both open-headed that we see as black dots Some people call it pimples and the closed head type. Seen as small pellets skin-like color
- Inflamed acne, found as red blisters, pustules, or red lumps with pus-filled blood
Acne scars (some people call them elephantiasis) are often accompanied by pain. When acne is gone Will leave scars such as redness, black marks, pitted scars convex scar
- The main treatment is medication that is in both oral and topical form.
- Complementary treatments such as LED light, pressing acne, injections to treat inflamed acne. In the treatment of acne by laser or IPL light. You should see a doctor to assess your skin condition. and choose an appropriate treatment approach as well as to avoid wasting more than necessary
- Treatment by cleaning the face like using a gentle cleansing gel เจลล้างหน้า to reduce clogging in the skin
- Vitamin A derivatives such as Tretinoin, Adapalene will reduce clots. As well as helping to normalize skin cell turnover (Normal keratinization) more, which will help solve the problem of clogged acne. And at present, new vitamin A derivatives such as adapalene have been developed that have anti-inflammatory effects. and provide therapeutic effect in terms of inflammatory acne as well
Side effects that can be found include stinging, dryness, redness, peeling in the area where the drug is applied. Therefore, the type and concentration of the drug should be selected according to the skin type. By evaluation of a dermatologist before treatment This group of drugs is not recommended for use in pregnant women. or those who are preparing to become pregnant because it may result in fetal disability
- 2.5-5% Benzoyl peroxide should be used with antimicrobial agents such as 4% erythromycin gel, 1% Clindamycin solution to prevent bacterial resistance. Propionibacterium acnes long term
- Azelaic acid can be used in pregnant women. It is a relatively low efficacy topical drug. After applying the drug, irritation may occur.
- Antimicrobial drugs such as Doxycycline Tetracycline, which should not be taken for too long. Because it may result in the host bacteria (Normal Flora) in the body to be out of balance. It may also result in drug resistance.
- Isotretinoin (Isotretinoin) is a very effective drug. You may find that you have pimples after eating in the first month.
Common side effects are dry, peeling face, dry eyes, dry mouth, and abnormal sesame values. or found high blood fat levels especially triglycerides Triglyceride is not recommended for use in pregnant women. Before using it, it must be strictly contraception. Because it will cause the child in the womb to be disabled. including people who wear contact lenses Because it results in dry, irritated eyes. and the cornea can be wound
There should be a blood test before and after taking this drug. The optimal period for eating is 6-8 months. It is not recommended to eat in a row for too long. Because it may cause various side effects.
- Birth control pills are pills that some women take to treat acne. Together with conditions that show that there is high testosterone, such as obesity, hirsutism, oily skin, irregular menstruation Genetic and hormonal baldness or in those who already intend to take birth control When eating, there may be side effects such as weight gain, swelling, headache.
- Drug : Vitamin A derivative Action : Reduce inflammation, blockage, help skin cell turnover. Side effects: dry skin, redness, peeling.
- Drug : Antimicrobial and 2.5-5% Benzoyl peroxide Action : Inhibit P.acnes and should be used together to prevent drug resistance.
- oral medication
- Drug : Antimicrobial action : reduce inflammation Side effects : host bacteria are out of balance, may cause drug resistance.
- Drug : Isotretinoin Action : Inhibit the function of the sebaceous glands. Side effects : dry eyes, mouth, hyperlipidemia, hepatitis.
- Pills : Birth control pills Action : Treat acne in some women. with high testosterone condition Side effects: weight gain, swelling, headache
In addition to the main treatment, such as medication There are also supplementary treatments such as LED light, pressing acne, injections to treat inflamed acne. But there is no need to treat with laser and IPL light. because in addition to causing side effects It also wastes money unnecessarily, such as using laser light to penetrate the acne head before pressing on the pimple, or called “Acne Laser”, which is actually not necessary. because the needle can be used as a puncture to open acne And it’s much cheaper.
In addition, the use of laser to penetrate open the acne head. It also causes scars on the skin as a spot. Holes if treated many times will be very noticeable. The use of laser light or some types of IPL to help treat acne inflammation. may be of some benefit But if the budget is not large, it is not necessary at all. because of the proper use of the drug It can treat acne. with similar performance or more Plus the price is much more economical.
Nowadays, Botox and fillers are being advertised, claiming that acne can be treated within only this day. which is not considered a standard treatment In addition to being incorrect It is also wasted unnecessarily. Although Botox injections in the dermis so called Mesobotox or microbotox It will help inhibit the secretion of sweat. Makes the skin look dry But the treatment effect is temporary. and the results are not as clear as the standard treatment which is an unnecessary waste
If treating acne for a while found that it has not improved This may be due to the following reasons:
- The treatment is not suitable for the severity of acne.
- There are factors that stimulate acne. and still not fixed
- Non-acne, but similar to acne, such as folliculitis caused by a bacterial or yeast infection, some non-infectious husks, small cysts that look like cysts. There are components in the fat or scurf.
Therefore, in order to benefit yourself Doctors recommend consulting a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis. will be treated according to standards And not wasting too much money.
daughter has acne Is it necessary to treat? Is the treatment expensive?
Many of you may think that Acne is just a matter of beauty, handsome, and appearance. Treatment is a waste. especially at present Lasers are used to treat acne more than necessary.